25+ Important Facts about Peugeot 508 2019; Diesel, Price, Design
Peugeot is already commercializing the new generation of the Peugeot 508, a Peugeot 508 2019 that arrives with a very attractive design, approaching in a certain way the coupes or cars like the Mercedes CLA or the Volkswagen Arteon , with a careful interior, a good deployment of technology and the rest of making visible the segment of the saloons in front of the unstoppable SUV fever.
To know more about the new Peugeot saloon, the French alternative to cars like the Volkswagen Passat or the Mazda6, we have prepared a list with 25 on the Peugeot 508 2019.
- This is the second generation of the Peugeot 508. The first was marketed from 2011 to 2018.
- Before Peugeot has had many sedans, such as the Peugeot 407 or the Peugeot 406, which preceded the 508. Before Peugeot was present in this segment with the Peugeot 405, the successor of the Peugeot 505 and the Peugeot 504.
- The Peugeot 508 2019 was presented in March 2018, at the Geneva Motor Show.
- The 508 is developed on the EMP2 platform PSA, the platform used by the Citroen C5 Aircross, the 3008 or the Opel Grandland X
- Thanks to this platform it is on average about 70 kg lighter than the previous Peugeot 508.
- The measures of the Peugeot 508 go through a length of 4.750mm, a width of 1.828mm and a height of 1.456mm. His battle is 2,793mm.
- Interestingly, unlike what has been happening in recent years, the new Peugeot 508 is smaller than its predecessor that had a length of 4,830 mm. It is also lower and wider giving it a more sporty look.
- The boot of the Peugeot 508 has a load capacity of 487 liters. It also has a tailgate so the loading process is very comfortable, there is very good access.
- In this new generation, the boot is slightly smaller and is that the Peugeot 508 2011 had a load capacity of 515 liters.
- As far as design is concerned, the Peugeot 508 has undergone an important change with respect to the previous generation, counting on a very original aspect in which the design features that we met in the Peugeot 3008 and in the 5008.
- Emphasizes especially the set of optics and is that Peugeot has worked a lot and very well the light signature of this car, both in the front optics, with a striking vertical “eyelash” and in the rear area, where the pilots they unite in the central part.
- The Peugeot 508 has a certain sporty aspect and the fall of the roof could remind us slightly of a coupé. In addition, following the similarities with 3-door cars, the Peugeot 508 has frameless doors.
- Interior, the original touch of the French brand continues, fleeing the conventional formulas to also treat the interior with a good mix of materials, achieving a great combination of textures, good adjustments and a feeling of the cutting-edge car.
- In addition, the Peugeot 508 has a significant deployment of technology based on a multimedia system that depending on the finish can be of 8 or 10 inches and a beautiful fully digital instrumentation with a size of 12.3 inches, customizable, with much information and with a really striking interface. There is no lack of connectivity with our smartphone through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto or a wireless charging point.
- The range of Peugeot 508 petrol engines passes through the 1.6 HP PureTech engine, only available with the EAT8 automatic transmission and the 225 hp 1.6 PureTech, also only available with the EAT8 automatic transmission.
- The supply of diesel engines leaves us with the 1.5 BlueHDI engines with 130 hp, the BlueHDI 2.0 with 160 hp and the BlueHDI 2.0 engine with 180 hp. All three are available with the EAT8 automatic transmission and in the case of the 130 hp diesel engine, we can also configure it with a manual transmission.
- The Peugeot 508 has 4 trim levels: Active, Allure, GT Line and GT.
- The starting price of the Peugeot 508 is 27,250 euros, with an Active finish that already has a good equipment and the BlueHDI 130 hp engine.
- The Peugeot 508 more expensive is the Peugeot 508 GT with the diesel engine of 180 HP, with a starting price of 41,900 euros.
- The version with the most powerful gasoline engine, 225 HP, is only available with the GT finish and has a price of 41,300 euros.
- Peugeot sold a special launch edition called First Edition, with all the equipment available, the most powerful engines and a starting price of 47,200 euros
- With the BlueHDI engine of 1.5 liters and 130 hp the Peugeot 508 homology a consumption of only 3.8 l / 100 km
- The new Peugeot 508 is also available as a family, it is called Peugeot 508 SW.
- The Peugeot 508 SW was presented at the Paris Salon 2018.
- This version of the Peugeot 508 has a slightly larger boot, with a load capacity of 530 liters.
At the Paris Motor Show, PSA also presented the Citroën C5 Aircross Hybrid Concept with a conceptual model that could be anticipating a future plug-in hybrid version of the Peugeot 508 , with 225 hp and an autonomy in the fully electric mode of up to 50 km.